When it comes to increasing online sales, there are a lot of things to consider. You have to make sure your website is easy to navigate, that you’re using the right payment options and that your products are appealing. But how do you know what will work for your company? And how do you know which changes will increase sales without costing too much?
Here are 14 things you can do right now to increase online sales on your website:
Create detailed target audiences
The first step in creating a target audience is to define your ideal customer. In order to do this, you must be able to clearly identify their needs, problems and desires. The more specific and targeted your buyer personas are the better – remember that you don’t want them all to be saying the same thing!
To get started, ask yourself these questions:
- Who will use my product or service?
- What problems do they have that my product or service can help solve?
- How will they feel after using the product or service?
Build trust to encourage the increase in online sales
- Use social proof. Social proof is a psychological principle that shows that people are more likely to do something if they see other people doing it.
- Offer testimonials from customers who have had positive experiences with your company or products, which can encourage potential buyers to make a purchase because they’ll see that others have been happy with the product.
- Use trust badges and seals. Trust badges and seals are visual indicators that help build trust in your brand by letting visitors know you’re legitimate and trustworthy, such as security badges for PCI compliance or e-commerce certificates for verification of business practices like fraud protection or privacy policies/terms of service agreements.
- Add security badges on your website’s home page to let visitors know how secure their information is when shopping online (e.g., Verified by Visa).
Choose simple & attractive design
You need to choose a simple and attractive design. The design of your e-commerce website should be easy to navigate, understand, read and find things on it. This means that the navigation buttons should be clearly visible at all times (for example, in the header), that the product descriptions are descriptive and easy to read, that you don’t use too many colors or images so as not to overload users’ attention (which can lead them away from what they are doing).
So how can you create a great design? Well firstly think very carefully about what color scheme will work best for your business — it’s worth hiring an expert if you aren’t sure about this because choosing the wrong colors could mean losing money! Secondly consider how many features will actually appear on each page so there isn’t too much information being displayed at once — again this can make visitors lose interest fast. And finally ensure every page has some kind of call-to-action button like “Buy now”, “Add To Cart”, etc., which directs people towards making purchases quickly without getting lost along their journey through your site
Make the checkout easy
The checkout process is the most important part of your website. If you want to increase online sales, make sure it’s easy for customers to check out and pay for their order.
Make it easy for them to contact you if they have any questions or concerns about their order
Provide clear instructions on how to get a refund if the customer changes their mind about purchasing from you
Deliver problem solutions, not just products
Deliver problem solutions, not just products.
Your website is the place to provide your visitors with answers to the problems they face. But don’t limit yourself to just selling products; give them the problem-solving strategies that will help them get there faster. Explain how your product solves their problem, offer testimonials from happy customers who have already solved theirs, and show them how others have successfully used it. If possible, offer a money-back guarantee but even if you can’t do this (and some industries don’t allow it), be sure to include testimonials so they know what they might be missing out on if they don’t give your product a try first. And be sure to make it really easy for them by giving them options such as a free trial or consultation before making any decisions—and make sure those options are always visible on every page of your site!
Don’t give your customers too much choice
One of the most common mistakes I see in e-commerce sites is giving customers too many options. When you give your customers too many choices, they can get overwhelmed and decide not to buy anything at all. The more options you provide, the less likely they are to make a choice. This can happen even if they don’t realize it!
This problem can be especially problematic for new brands or products. You want people to try your product or service but there are so many different ways that you could sell it! Maybe selling one item at a time is best? Or maybe an entire subscription box? Should we sell through Amazon now or wait until our website is finished? It’s hard enough coming up with concepts for things like this without adding further confusion by offering multiple ways of buying them on your site.
Takeaway: When designing an e-commerce site, don’t overwhelm users with too many options!
Use ad extensions
- Use ad extensions. Ad extensions are the little boxes that appear next to your ad, like phone numbers or store locations. They can help you get more clicks and conversions by providing additional information about your company and its products.
- Create call-only ads with Call Extensions (only available on mobile devices). These ads are designed specifically for mobile users who want to connect directly with a business. When someone sees one of these ads, they’ll see two buttons: “Call” or “Text.” If they tap the “Call” button, they’ll be taken straight to a call center representative at that company’s location where they can complete their transaction over the phone or place an order directly from there!
Use pop-ups and subscription forms
Using pop-ups and subscription forms is one of the best ways to increase your sales. It’s also a great way to boost your conversion rate optimization (CRO). CRO can be tricky, but it’s not hard if you’re willing to put in some work and follow some simple steps. Here are some tips:
- Use pop-ups on every page of your website. This will allow you to capture email addresses from visitors who aren’t ready to convert yet. If they do convert later on, they’ll already have an email address attached so you don’t have to ask them again!
- Create unique landing pages for each product or service that relates back specifically what was originally searched for by the user when coming onto your site in order for them not only feel more comfortable making purchases but also feel like their needs were met since they were given exactly what they wanted when landing there originally instead of generic terms being used across all products/services which could make someone feel lost during their journey towards making purchases from this particular website (i’m talking about myself here as well).
- Don’t overdo it with pop ups either – stick with just 1 per day maximum unless there is something specific going on such as Black Friday shopping season where it might make sense then too because there will be so many other companies doing similar things too so consistency matters here!
Provide convenient payment options
Payment options are a major factor in your customers’ buying decisions. If you want to increase your online sales, then you need to make it easy for them to pay and get what they want. Convenient payment options can increase the number of purchases that your customers make from you.
In order for this tactic to work, though, it needs to be implemented correctly. That means having multiple payment options available and making sure the checkout process is user friendly—it shouldn’t take more than two minutes for someone to complete their purchase on your website!
Create a sense of urgency to increase impulse online sales
Have you ever heard of a sale that didn’t have a deal on it? In the online world, discounts are everywhere and they’re usually highlighted by text like “SALE OFFER” or “Limited Time Offer.” These sales tactics can be good for increasing impulse sales, but don’t overuse them. If you offer too many deals at once, your customers won’t know where to begin or what’s available to them.
A great way to increase online sales is by creating urgency in whatever way you can—free shipping, free returns and free gifts could all be ways to make customers feel like they need to buy now before the opportunity passes them by!
Make sure your store is mobile-friendly to increase online sales from all devices
Making sure your store is mobile-friendly can have a positive impact on all of the following:
- Your sales. More than half of all ecommerce traffic comes from mobile devices, so it’s important to make sure your website looks great and functions well on every device. If you don’t have a responsive design, this means creating two versions of each page—one for desktop browsers and one for mobile browsers—and updating both pages whenever you change anything. Not only could this cost you money if you hire someone to do it (or pay someone who knows what they’re doing), but it’s also time consuming and error-prone.
- Your SEO ranking. Google ranks high-quality sites higher in its search engine results pages, or SERPs, for relevant keywords (like “online shopping”). Search engines like Google take into account various factors when determining which sites are most likely to satisfy searchers’ needs; one such factor is user experience (UX). If users find your site difficult to use or load slowly because it takes too long to load their web browser after clicking through from an organic search result or social media post, then chances are good that their experience with your brand will not be positive enough for them to come back again anytime soon—or at all!
There are a number of ways you can increase online sales, but one of the most effective—and easy to implement—is by offering a money-back guarantee.
Money-back guarantees are an excellent way to build trust and reduce risk in your potential customers’ minds. By providing some form of guarantee, you’re demonstrating that your company values customer satisfaction above all else (which is good). And offering refunds demonstrates that you have confidence in your product or service (which is even better).
For example, if a customer isn’t satisfied with an item they’ve purchased from you online and wants their money back, it’s pretty much guaranteed that they won’t be coming back; however, if they feel that there’s enough value in what they purchased to give it another shot after trying the product or service themselves first time around, then chances are much greater that they’ll stick around long enough at least try it again!
Online sales increase when you remove barriers.
Online shopping is the fastest growing industry and it’s not hard to see why. Consumers are increasingly turning online because they can find what they want, when they want it and at a better price than if they walked into a brick-and-mortar store.
However, if you’re an e-commerce business owner who isn’t seeing the kind of success you’d like with your website or sales funnel, it’s important to understand that there are several things you can do right now that will increase your online sales today!
Remember, the goal of increasing online sales is to make it easier for your customers to buy from you. So, focus on removing barriers that stand between your customers and their purchase. If you do this right and provide the best possible experience for your target audience, then you’re almost guaranteed to see an increase in sales!